Books & Book chapters
1. Ahmed, Z.S. 2009, 'Human Rights in Islam', in Peace Education: Islamic Perspectives, N. Kakar & S.S.K. Niazi (eds), University for Peace, San Jose, pp. 115-136.
2. Ahmed, Z.S. 2008, 'On the Tamil Nadu Express', in Closer to Ourselves: Stories from the Journey towards Peace in South Asia, A. Sekhar (ed), Women in Security, Conflict Management & Peace (WISCOMP), New Delhi, pp. 65-66.
3. Ahmed, Z.S. & Baxter, M.A. 2007, Attitudes of Teachers in India and Pakistan: Texts and Contexts, Women in Security, Conflict Management and Peace (WISCOMP), New Delhi. [Book review: Wadlow, R. 2008, 'Texts and Contexts - Attitudes of Teachers in India and Pakistan Review', Peace Print, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 167-170].
4. Ahmed, Z.S. 2006, 'Interventions of CSOs towards the first youth policy of Pakistan', in Good News for Troubled Contexts: Lessons learned from case studies on how civil society organizations influence policy processes, E. Mendizabal (ed), Overseas Development Institute, London, pp. 33-35.
5. Bano, M., Ahmed, Z.S. & Raja, A. 2004, Drug abuse and its relationship to sexual abuse of street children, Sahil, Islamabad.
1. Ahmed, Z.S. 2007, Youth for Sustainable Development in Pakistan: A Project on Education for Sustainable development, United Nations mandated University for Peace, Costa Rica.
2. Ahmed, Z.S. 2003, Women’s empowerment through micro-credit (A case study of UPAP Rawalpindi/Islamabad)” in Pakistan, University of Agriculture Faisalabad, Pakistan.Journal articles
1. Ahmed, Z.S. & Bhatnagar, S. 2010, 'Gulf states and the conflict between India and Pakistan', Journal of Asia Pacific Studies, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 259-291.
2. Ahmed, Z.S. & Stephan, M.J. 2010, 'Fighting for the rule of law: civil resistance and the lawyers' movement in Pakistan', Democratization, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 492-513.
3. Ahmed, Z.S. 2009, 'Madrasa education in the Pakistani context: challenges, reforms and future directions', Peace Prints: South Asian Journal of Peacebuilding, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 53-65.
4. Ahmed, Z.S. 2009, 'Swat: Peace deal or compromise?' South Asia Defence & Strategic Review, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 30-34.
5. Ahmed, Z.S. & Bhatnagar, S. 2008, 'Interstate conflicts and regionalism in South Asia', Perceptions: Journal of International Affairs, vol. XIII, no. 1-2, pp. 1-19.
6. Ahmed, Z.S. 2008, 'The cycle of violence in Pakistan', World Affairs, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 106-113.
7. Ahmed, Z.S. & Bhatnagar, S. 2008, 'SAARC and interstate conflicts in South Asia: prospects and challenges for regionalism', Pakistan Horizon, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 69-87.
8. Ahmed, Z.S. & Bhatnagar, S. 2007, 'Pakistan-Afghanistan Relations and the Indian Factor', Pakistan Horizon, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 159-174.
9. Ahmed, Z.S. 2005, 'Auroville – the school of human unity', RITAM: A Journal of Material and Spiritual Researches in Auroville, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 8-10.
Newspaper, magazine & website articles
1. Ahmed, Z.S. 2010, (updated 18 February 2010), Human Rights and the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), European Academy.
2. Ahmed, Z.S. 2009, 'Success of the lawyers' movement in Pakistan', OpEdNews, 31 March 2009.
3. Ahmed, Z.S. 2007, 'Battling against Religious Extremism: The State of Madrassah Reforms in Pakistan', Peace & Conflict Monitor.
4. Ahmed, Z.S. 2007, Advocating for UPEACE at the UN, The Culture of Peace News Network.
5. Ahmed, Z.S. 2007, 'Youth educating for peace', Chowk, January 27.
6. Ahmed, Z.S. 2005, 'Child Sexual Abuse in Pakistan', Sahil, pp. 18-21.
7. Ahmed, Z.S. 2005, 'Religion – a protection for children', Sahil, pp. 19-21.
8. Ahmed, Z.S. 2004, 'Asia-Pacific youth and peace', Daily Mail, March 25, p.2.
9. Ahmed, Z.S. 2004, 'Building a civil society', Daily Mail, March 24, p.2.
10. Ahmed, Z.S. 2004, 'Child Slavery-a Reality', Sahil, pp. 9-11.
11. Ahmed, Z.S. 2004, 'Human Rights: an evaluation', Weekly Independent, p. 8.
12. Ahmed, Z.S. 2004, 'Influential Religious Leaders', Daily Mail, March 26, p.2.
13. Ahmed, Z.S. 2004, 'Poverty and Children’s Health', Sahil, pp. 3-6.
14. Ahmed, Z.S. 2004, 'Present Scenario of Social Institutions', Sahil, pp. 14-16.
15. Ahmed, Z.S. 2004, Small sample survey of child laborers: a view of their situation. Islamabad: Sahil.
16. Ahmed, Z.S. 2004, 'Special people in South Asia', Sahil, pp. 20-22.Interviews
• Kaushika, P. “Lessons in Peace”, Education Times, The Times of India, Nov. 6, 2006.
• Por la paz del mundo, La Nacion, Costa Rica, July 9, 2006.
• Emmanuelle. “Young Voices”, Auroville Today, April 2005, No. 195, India, p. 9.
• Emmanuelle. “We have so much in common”, Auroville Today, April 2005, No. 195, India, p. 9.
• Global Integrity Report-2007 & 2008: Pakistan Chapter. Global Integrity is an independent, non-profit organization tracking governance and corruption trends around the world. Global Integrity is based in the USA and works with local teams of researchers and journalists to monitor openness and accountability in sampled countries. www.globalintegrity.org