There are millions of people in the world who bear witness to the reality of enlightenment. A million people from every culture and from every era of history have experienced this ultimate spiritual epiphany. Among the most well known of the Enlightened are arguably Jesus, Buddha, Moses, Laotse, Socrates, Krishna, and Patanjali. Today, thousands of enlightened inviduals exist in one form or another. There are several religions in the world. Every real religion is based on the teachings of an enlightened individual or several enlightened individuals. Judaism was based on the teachings of Moses, Christianity on the teachings of Jesus, Buddhism on the wisdom of Buddha, and Hinduism on that of many. The center of a religion is that of enlightenment. Religion should lead to enlightenment.
Wikipedia: Mysticism is the knowledge of, and especially the personal experience of, states of consciousness, or levels of being, or aspects of reality, beyond normal human perception, including experience of and even communion with a supreme being. (...) Many if not all of the world's great religions have arisen around the teachings of mystics (including Buddha, Jesus, Lao Tze, and Krishna); and most religious traditions describe fundamental mystical experience.
God is a mystery that can be seen and understand only by enlightenment. One can see God only in enlightenment. The Bible says: "Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God." Who cleans his heart (his mind) with spiritual exercises, enters the dimension of God and sees God. You must be a saint (an enlightened one), to be able to know God in depth. A proof of God is therefore ultimately possible only through enlightenment. With funding of physics or logic, we can describe God very limited and therefore can prove God only some aspects of God. Science cannot explore more than circumstantial evidences for God. If one really want to know whether God exists, one must realize enlightenment. Or one has to trust the enlightened as witnesses for God. There is no other way for the proof of God. God is proven by the enlightened. And there are many witnesses. The big question is whether God exists only in the brain of an enlightened, or whether God is an external reality, as perceived by the enlightened. This question can not be answered because God is a mystery.
It remains the path of Buddha. He said that all questions about God are senseless speculations. He pointed his followers to practice and to achieve spiritual enlightenment. Then they would understand and recognize. The majority of Christians do ultimately the same way. They say that God is not provable. At the same time God is the central element of their faith and spiritual practice. The majority of the Christians use the term God as a not to be proven fiction that leads to holiness. And then God will be recognized. The christian way and the buddhist way are identical. Except that in Buddhism the central witness for the existence of Nirvana (God) is Buddha. For all Christians, Jesus Christ is the central witness for God.
1. Find out about the enlightenment. Spiritual enlightenment means to obtain a deep insight into the purpose of all things, to understand the mind of God, or to achieve a fundamentally changed level of existence whereby one's self is experienced as a nonchanging field of pure consciousness. Mysticism is the awareness of God through direct experience.
2. Realize that every true religion is based on the experience of enlightenment of its founder: the Judaism of Moses, Christianity of Jesus, Buddhism of Buddha, Hinduism of many enlightened. The center of a religion is enlightenment. Religion will lead to enlightenment. Moses was enlightened, as he saw a shining (burning) bush after many years of a secluded life in the desert. He saw the light of God in the bush. Jesus became enlightened, after John the Baptist gave him the Enlightenment energy (kundalini energy). After this Jesus meditated 40 days in the desert. Then the devil (his ego) left him and the angels ministered to him (he was able to help with the enlightenment energy his fellow human beings). Buddha got enlightenment after six years as a yogi under the Bodhi tree. Mara (the devil) disappeared and Buddha rested in happiness.
3. Realize that God is a mystery that can be described personal and impersonal. In Judaism, Christianity and Islam God is seen as an acting person. God is a supreme being, which can be addressed as a person and asked for help. Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism (Chinese philosophy) prefere the abstract concept of God. God is higher energy and a state of being.
4. Realize that there are different conceptions of God within the same religion. Moses has in contrast to Jesus, an abstract concept of God. In his central definition Moses describes God as: "I am." These words refer to God as a happy state of being which one experiences in the enlightenment. In the words "I am" the royal road to enlightenment is mentioned. Man must develop a cosmic consciousness. He loses the sense of his self (ego). He experiences himself as pure consciousness, as one with everything and can say only, "I am." He can not say: "I am the ... (name)." He identifies himself with everything. In yoga it is called Sat-Chid-Ananda, the compound from being, unity and bliss.
5. Prove God through the enlightenment. There are millions of witnesses in the world for the fact of enlightenment. Million people in all cultures and at all times have attained enlightenment. They have all had the same experience. They only have described God in different words. Modern science has studied many enlightened and confirmed their specific abilities. Everyone can check the proof. Thoroughly investigated by U.S. brain researchers several years ago was Matthieu Ricard. They found a particularly large inner happiness, serenity, inner peace and compassion.