...by taking a Project Interfaith Pop Quiz!
Women and Religion
1. Which of the following religions does not allow the ordination of women?
A. Society of Friends (Quaker)
B. Roman Catholicism
2. True or False: In Islam, men are considered spiritually superior to women.
3. On average, in the United States female clergy member's salaries are __% less than their male
4. True or False: The practice of dowry (money or property brought by a
bride to her husband at marriage) is an exclusively Hindu practice.
5. Which world religion's central theme is the unity of humankind in a
single global society, including attainment of the full equality of men
6. True or False: The Buddha did not allow women to join his monastery.
7. True or False: Women were important members of Jesus's ministry and the early Christian
8. Which of the following women did not play a pivotal role in biblical Judaism?
9. Islam grants women the right to:
D. All of the Above
E. None of the Above
10. True or False: Cultural norms and attitudes can impact the treatment and status
of women as much as religious views and teachings.