I welcome PeaceNext !
The launch of this Interreligious Network is the realization of long standing hopes and visions.
It addresses a need – deeply felt by many individuals and participants who meet at a Parliament – to have a convenient way to stay in touch with new global friends and contacts.
It also meets an urgent need for the host of PeaceNext – The Council for a Parliament of the World's Religions. PeaceNext will be a place where:
• we will meet and get to know people and organizations engaged in the interreligious movement around the world.
• interreligious organizations – big and small – can describe themselves and their unique roles.
• reflections on Melbourne 2009 can be shared.
• reports can be posted on how the themes of the Melbourne Parliament have inspired local actions.
• issues that concern the whole interreligious community can be explored.
• inspirational, educational and organizational ideas and resources can be shared.
• announcements can be made and invitations extended.
• Partner Cities are described, encouraged and related.
• we can plan together, the sixth Parliament of the World’s Religions in 2014, somewhere in the world.
So I welcome PeaceNext as the cyber expression of the Parliament of the World’s Religions. I welcome it as a place where the interreligious movement can convene anytime and where together we can facilitate its strengthening and growth.